Thursday, November 15, 2007

Booking Through Thursday - To Note or Not to Note?

Today's BTT question is another pretty quick answer from me so here goes.

Today’s question comes from Conspiracy-Girl:
I’m still relatively new to this meme so I’m not sure if this has been asked yet, but I’m curious how many of us write notes in our books. Are you a Footprint Leaver or a Preservationist?

I'm really not either. I don't write notes in books, but it's not because I need to preserve them for anything. I actually tend to either Bookmooch my books or donate them to my local library. I don't write in them because it distracts me from the story.

In college, I did write a lot of margin notes in books. I think today I'd probably use lots of colored sticky tabs and removable colored tape. That's actually how I teach students to notate books.

Short, quick answer this week! Happy Thursday to everyone!

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I thought note taking would be too distracting, but I've found that it isn't at all for me. It's actually raised my enjoyment and understanding of a book because I'm paying more careful attention. I know not everyone needs or wants to do that, but as I get older, my memory isn't quite what it used to be and it works for me. And that is what really matters, isn't it? That we use whatever method of reading that works best for us to get out of our reading what we want and need to.

alisonwonderland said...

i'm a Footprint Leaver - at least when the process of highlighting and/or note-making enhances my reading experience. in my favorite books, it's fun to go back later and see what i was thinking when i read the book before.