Saturday, August 4, 2007

Maui - Our Favorites



Here's my favorite part of Maui (but not my husband's because he was the driver!) This was taken on one of the overlooks on the Road to Hana. We spent about five hours driving up, exploring waterfalls, lava rocks, a black sand beach, and a variety of overlooks. We also took a great nature hike loop that SurferGirl wanted to do twice. Next time (if there is a next time) we're going to stay overnight in Hana to avoid making the return trip in one sitting.




Well, here's SurferGirl after her second surfing lesson in Maui. She actually scoured the house for change and came up with enough money for two group lessons (over $100 in coins) while we were there. Her instructor (J) was from Rio, and I don't think she realized how good-looking he really was. She was too intent on catching the wave. She actually rode a number of waves and was up on the board on her very first try. I think that was her favorite part of the trip. Living in Southern California, I think I'm in trouble now, especially since she took this quiz. I'm not surprised at all.

Your Summer Ride is a Mustang Convertible

You're out to experience the very best of summer.
From the best beaches to the best tan, you want it all!




This is the sunset as seen from our balcony (or lanai) on our final night in Maui. This is probably my husband's favorite part, dinner on the lanai followed by a gorgeous sunset. We owe a big Mahalo to relatives for the use of their condo while we were there. It truly is a magical place.

No comments: