Today is Saturday so it's time for Saturday's Six. It's all about numbers today.
1. If you were to count to three on your fingers, would you hold up your thumb, index and middle finger, or your index, middle and ring finger?
I actually had to try it just now, and I definitely use my index, middle, and ring fingers. I tried it the other way, and it's very uncomfortable.
2. What was the last thing you remember counting in your home?
I think it was for one of my daughter's homework assignments last year. It seems like we had to count the number of windows and doors in our house.
3. When you are listening to someone who uses repetitious phrases when speaking, such as, “you know,” how many of them do you generally need to hear before you begin subconsciously counting the occurrences?
I'm sure I do subconsciously count because I get really annoyed by repetitive language. I also know I count Ums and Ahs in conversations as well. I'd say I probably start counting after the third or fourth time.
4. Take the quiz: What is your expression number?
|Your Expression Number is 11|
You tend to be associated with idealistic concepts and spiritual issues.
You have high potentials that are somewhat difficult to live up to.
You have very strong intuition and you can be a bit psychic at times.
Highly inspirational, you can lead merely by your own example.
You have an inborn inner strength and awareness that helps you advise others.
Although you have what it takes for a successful career, you belong outside the business world.
Overly sensitive and temperamental, you tend to have a lot of nervous tension.
You dream a lot, so much so that you may be more of a dreamer than a doer.
Fantasy and reality tend to get intermingled for you, and that leads to impracticality.
The last part of this doesn't fit me at all ... at least I hope not!
5. You’re calling a friend on the telephone and he’s not home: assuming he didn’t have voicemail, do you actually count how many rings go by or do you just hang up after a time you feel is sufficient for him to answer?
It's so rare to get a phone that rings more than about three times that I do count. I know that I've let a phone ring twenty times in the past because I was so amazed that it would ring that many times. Normally, though, I'd give up after about five or six rings. But I guess I am counting rings no matter what.
6. You go out to eat and you order a plate of twelve chicken wings. Do you actually count them before eating?
It would never occur to me to count. I've probably been shortchanged on food all my life:)