Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Challenged Books - Interesting Titles

Julie at My Book Retreat had an interesting post.  She looked at the list of recently challenged books and asked people to comment on the books that surprised them the most.  Her post is here.

The ALA Most Challenged list can be found here.

I hadn't looked at this list in awhile.  I expected to see Harry Potter, Catcher in the Rye, and the Twilight series.  I was shocked to see Bridge to Terabithia on a few lists.  That was one of the best books I've ever read with a class of students.  It provoked the best discussion groups and really touched the kids.  It made them think and feel.  What more can we ask of a book!

I was also surprised that My Sister's Keeper was on one of the lists.  Again, this is a book that makes you think and feel.  I could see my fourth grade students from that class ten years ago loving Picoult as young adult readers. 

I am going to make a point of reading one of the books on the lists that I have never read.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

herbalsupplement said...

I am bindle to seek out this clumsily attainable as it contains affluence of data. I consistently like bigger to browse the acclimatized content..
Male Dysfunction Treatment

albanian real estate said...

hey i really found the things here what i was searching for.Thanks for this post.