Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday's Six - Ka-Ching!

Boy do this week's questions strike home. At the end of twelve days in Maui(and a few ka-chings!)I probably don't want to consider money but here it goes anyway:

1. If you had to leave your job on Monday, how confident would you feel that you could get another job paying close to the same amount quickly?

Since I'm a teacher, I feel pretty confident I could get something paying the same or even more. But, if I decided to leave my current employer, it would either be for a totally different position or for part-time work which would, obviously, mean less money. I'm actually quite happy where I work so I haven't thought about this for a while.

2. How many different employers have you worked for over the years?


Let's see ... I worked part time at a computer computer and hair cutting salon in college and a fast food restaurant in high school. I worked for a mail order video company and two different job placements agencies between college and grad school. I've worked for 4 different schools, and I also worked part time one summer for an educational day camp. So let's count ... that's 11 employers since high school.

3. Consider the employer you worked for the longest: how big of a factor was money in determining why you left or would consider leaving that employer?


I'm still at the place I've worked the longest (13 years now) and money has never been a factor in my job. (But I guess as an educator, that's almost the norm!)

4. Take the quiz: How good are you with money?

You Are Great With Money

You know the value of a dollar - and you save and spend wisely.
By living below your means, you've set yourself up for a rich future.
And while it may hurt to sacrifice now, you'll probably have plenty of money later on.
You're on your way to riches - just keep it up.


Wow ... I'm proud of myself, and I didn't even lie!

5. When is the last time you actually were told what your credit score actually is?

About 2 years ago, we bought an investment condo, and during the financing part, I actually remembered to ask. I'm very proud that my score is two points higher than my husband's. It's been a family joke since I tend to be the shopper, and he's the saver.

6. Do you think that learning what your score would be would be likely to make you change anything you’re doing with money?

Well, since I did get my score, I didn't feel the need to make any changes because it was a fairly good one. I would probably check it again before I made any other major purchases, like real estate.

Thanks for this week's questions. I actually feel a whole lot better about my recent ka chings!

No comments: