Thursday, December 20, 2007

Booking Through Thursday - 2007's Best

  1. What fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?
    (Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
  2. What non-fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?
    (Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
  3. And, do “best of” lists influence your reading?

1. Best new book of 2007 is hard for me because I don't tend to read that many just published books. I normally wait for paperback or just have too many books waiting to bother with brand new ones. I'm also not even sure when some of the books I liked this year were published. I do know that I read the last Harry Potter book, but I wouldn't nominate it for the year's best. I also just finished T is for Trespass, which I quite liked. That might be a nominee for best series novel of 2007.

2. I do read non-fiction - mostly parenting and school related books. I don't really have a stand out in my mind that was published this year. I do read way more fiction than non fiction.

3. Yes, sometimes I'm influenced by best of lists. However, I don't normally make a decision to read them until someone else recommends them as well. That's the great part of the book blog community - lots of ideas for great books.

6 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I think most of us are like that. We don't lay much stress on newly published books. I mentioned only a few in my list.

Literary Feline said...

I am really looking forward to reading Grafton's latest book. My husband loved it.

BookGal said...

Lit - It's nice that you can share. My husband reads way more non-fiction than I do so we can't always share.

Gautami - You're so right!

Nyssaneala said...

I hope to catch up on Grafton's series next year. I just finished the 'J' book.

alisonwonderland said...

i'm on the hold list at the library for T is for Trespass and looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Grafton. I'll have to add her to my TBR list.