This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie week. Since I just got back into my blog after taking an extended break, I decided that my top 10 would be my top ten favorite reviewed books. That gives me a chance to re-introduce some of the books I loved from the past.
1. The Book Thief - probably my favorite YA novel of all time!
2. The Time Traveler's Wife - read the book, the movie doesn't do this one justice.
3. The Wednesday Wars - a really fun YA read.
4. The Sum of Our Days - I think anything Allende writes is brilliant. I never reviewed Paula, but it's one of my all time favorite books. The last 20 pages make me cry every time.
5. Ashfall - the last YA book I read and I can't say enough good things about it. And the author visited my blog and left a comment. Very cool.
6. The Keeper of Lost Causes - I think this could be the next breakout book series.
7. Where All the Dead Lie - another of my current favorites.
8. My Sister's Keeper - my favorite Jodi Picoult novel, but I never saw the movie. I was afraid that Cameron Diaz would wreck it for me.
9. Before I Fall - another new book which impressed me in many ways.
10. Before I Go to Sleep - part of my current string of successful reads.
It was interesting to go back to my older posts and realize that my reading styles and preferences really haven't changed that much in the last few years. I was also a bit sad that I stopped blogging for those years, because I wonder what books I've forgotten about that really should be on this list.
I'm looking forward to reading other people's lists.