Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - My Favorite Reviews


This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie week.  Since I just got back into my blog after taking an extended break, I decided that my top 10 would be my top ten favorite reviewed books.  That gives me a chance to re-introduce some of the books I loved from the past.

1.  The Book Thief - probably my favorite YA novel of all time!

2.  The Time Traveler's Wife - read the book, the movie doesn't do this one justice.

3.  The Wednesday Wars - a really fun YA read.

4.  The Sum of Our Days - I think anything Allende writes is brilliant.  I never reviewed Paula, but it's one of my all time favorite books.  The last 20 pages make me cry every time.

5.  Ashfall - the last YA book I read and I can't say enough good things about it.  And the author visited my blog and left a comment.  Very cool.

6.  The Keeper of Lost Causes - I think this could be the next breakout book series.

7.  Where All the Dead Lie - another of my current favorites.

8.  My Sister's Keeper - my favorite Jodi Picoult novel, but I never saw the movie.  I was afraid that Cameron Diaz would wreck it for me.

9.  Before I Fall - another new book which impressed me in many ways.

10.  Before I Go to Sleep - part of my current string of successful reads.

It was interesting to go back to my older posts and realize that my reading styles and preferences really haven't changed that much in the last few years.  I was also a bit sad that I stopped blogging for those years, because I wonder what books I've forgotten about that really should be on this list.

I'm looking forward to reading other people's lists.

11 comments:

Marce said...

Do not ever warch Sisters Keeper, bad bad bad. The book was so good I can't believe the movie was that bad, sigh.

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my all time favorites! Great review.

Red said...

This was a very good idea for a top ten list! Get a good topic for today AND get some traffic to your past top reviews.

Beth D. said...

It is always fun to go back through stuff we have read. My list is similar, but for last year.

Anonymous said...

I have heard great things about all of these books, but I actually have never read any of them! I'll have to add quite a few new ones to my TBR pile! Great list & topic! Happy Tuesday!

Check out Sash's Top Ten Guys Who Didn't Get The Girl!
Also check out our GREAT giveaways!

Uomo di Speranza said...

My English teacher told me that The Book Thief is her favorite book as well. It just goes to show you how narration can really make a novel unforgettable..therefore, insert interesting narration into your own life (narration being how you think about things), and you will have an interesting one indeed!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would've stayed away from the movie "My Sister's Keeper". My sister-in-law and I, both fans on the novel, suffered thru it.

BabyBird said...

Time Traveler's Wife is one of my favourites!! Fantastic book!

I hear Book Thief is great.. will have to check it out :)

Here's my Top 10!

Bev Hankins said...

A great idea for a Top Ten post!

Thanks for stopping by mine.

Kate said...

I've never managed to finish The Time Traveler's Wife, but for the basic reason that the friend from whom I'd borrowed it needed it back before I was done! My sister also loved it. Great list!

Anonymous said...

Before I fall was a pleasant surprise for me too. Started out hating the main character but loved the book at the end.