Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday's Six - Carnivals

Here is Saturday's Six. It's raining here and has been on and off all day so I feel sorry for anyone at a carnival or the county fair today. It did mean soccer was canceled (YES!) so I guess there is some good out of the rain. Anyway, here are my answers:


1. What is your favorite carnival ride?

I actually don't like many carnival rides. My husband had an uncle who worked the carnival circuit, and he told my husband stories about how awfully maintained the rides were. I think I'm getting more cautious in my old age.

2. What is the biggest prize you ever won at a carnival or fair?

My husband won my a stuffed octopus in the arcade at Excalibur in Las Vegas. He got it on the second try, and we've never won anything since.

3. What is the most you ever spent at a single carnival game?

Maybe $10 - and that was probably with my daughter, and I had a weak moment and gave in.

4. Take the quiz: What carnival ride are you?

You Are a Haunted House

You are a deeply complicated and sometimes deeply disturbed person.
You can't help but be attracted to the dark side of life - even when it's pretty gruesome.
In relationships, you are honest and real. So real that it's definitely a little scary.
You don't fake it or play along just to get along. And people either respect this... or deeply resent it

Your life is thoughtful, deep, and even philosophical at times.
You see the world as it is. You don't sugar coat anything.
Facing and fighting your fears is important to you. You believe that too much of life is whitewashed.
You're not too morbid... you just believe that you can't enjoy life without exorcising a few demons first!

At your best, you are brave, intense, and fearless.
Not only do you face the abyss head on - you challenge your friends to do the same.
At your worst, you are depressed and morose.
If you're not careful, your thoughts take over your mind... and they aren't pretty!
What Carnival Ride Are You?

This doesn't at all reflect me - at least I don't think so. Maybe I've been kidding myself :)

5. If you went to a typical carnival and realized you weren’t in the mood to ride the rides, what would you be more likely to want to do to amuse yourself?

I actually would rather go to the carnival, buy a treat, and watch the people go by. People watching is great fun at these kid of things. I especially enjoyed it at our local Renaissance Faire.

6. What job would you least like to have at a carnival or fair?

I think most of the jobs are awful. I wouldn't want to have to clean up the grounds after everyone has been a slob all day. I also think I'd hate having to work in the parking lot - what's the point of that. It might be fun to run a ride or attraction, though.

No comments: