1. As a general rule, how much of a tip do you leave on a normal night of satisfactory service at a restaurant?
I tend to leave 20%. I feel sorry for most servers, who I think have a completely difficult and demanding job. Actually, I have added to other people's tips if I feel they are too low. I've become very good at being the last person away from the table, if I need to be.
2. What happens when the service and/or the food is completely unacceptable: how much of an impact does that have on your tip?
I will probably drop the tip to 10%. I do have a friend, who at times, tips in quarters. He puts the quarters, in a stack, on the table at the start of the meal. He tells the server that this is there tip. He will take quarters off the pile if the service is slow or mistakes are made. That's way too severe for me.
3. What was the last food you picked up from a restaurant and ate at home?
4. Take the quiz: What’s your pizza personality?
Unusual and uncompromising.
You're usually the first to discover a new trend.
You appreciate a good meal and good company.
You're an interesting blend of traditional and modern.
5. What was the last dish you tried to cook yourself based on a dish you sampled at a restaurant?
6. How close to the original recipe did yours get?