Thursday, February 7, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Spare Time

Today's BTT is only partly reading related. It's true .... my life is not all about books. So here goes:


Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well…
What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?

Leisure time is not always something I have a lot of but here are some of the things that do fill my days. My daughter takes figure skating lessons so I spend time at our local ice rink, or running the kid taxi to the rink! I'm also a Scout leader so I do spend time with a great group of girls having a lot of fun. I also volunteer at my church on the sound board for Sunday services and the occasional wedding.

My husband and I have regular date nights at either the symphony or our local Master Chorale concerts. It sounds so much more expensive than it is because I have great in-laws that watch our daughter, and we buy inexpensive season tickets. When it's hockey season, you'll find us watching (when we can.)

I enjoy cake decorating. I'm not a pro but I have a good friend who helps me, and we have a blast when we do one. I also like to write - we'll see what happens in that area of my life.

After reading someone else's answer, I realized I had to add my two TV addictions. I love Project Runway on Bravo and Lost (which is finally back!)

I didn't even include work stuff. That fills up time in my life, too. I'm looking forward to reading about other people's interests.

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I love the idea of a regular date night. Since I have no children, that's not something I need to schedule into my week, but I think it's a great way to make time for your significant other without the kids when you do have them.

CJ said...

Good grief. You sound busy enough that I wonder when you have time to read!

cjh

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I would love to learn cake decoarting. I love to cook, but I wouldn't consider myself a cook or a baker. When I read these, I often wondered how people are finding time to read. Maybe that could be a future BTT? I used to participate, but the job eats up too much blogtime (and read time). :)

Anonymous said...

Literary - We have a couple of concert subscriptions to force ourselves to do it. It helps that my in-laws are always willing to baby-sit.

CJ - It probably sounds worse than it is ... but than again most of my friends think I'm nuts - especially when you add that my husband chairs our church's board and sits on a private school board of directors.

trish - That's a great BTT - you should suggest it. You don't have to bake well at all to cake decorate. (I use box cakes all the time!)