Monday, February 18, 2008

Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich



This is another one for the A to Z Challenge. It is one of the Stephanie Plum novels that are "between the numbers." This one reads more like an extended short story.

In this one, Stephanie is asked by her mother to find her grandmother who has gone missing. It turns out that Grandma Mazur has come into possession of stolen mob money, purchased an RV, and taken the cash to Atlantic City. Along for the ride are all the usual Plum characters: Lula, Connie, Ranger, Morelli, and Diesel.

I'm not going to use my normal format on this one. It's a fun light read. I think it took me about one hour to read. I enjoy the Plum novels. They are laugh out loud funny and a nice break in my reading. This one reads like an extended short story. It's funny but don't expect a lot of character development and Ranger and Morelli make very minor appearance.

Unfortunately, I have to give it three stars. It was fun, but I wish I had borrowed it from the library. I'm not sure it was worth the price of a hard cover book. If you've read it, I'd love to know what you thought.

5 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I haven't read it and will be waiting awhile until I do. Probably for the paperback. I haven't been too pleased with the in between books at all (I can't stand Diesel), but this one is tempting because of Grandma Mazur. She's my absolute favorite character. So, I'll probably read it even though I decided after the last in between book that I'd avoid the non-numbered Stephanie Plum novels.

Marg said...

I read this one a while ago, and I definitely would have been annoyed if I had of paid hardcover prices to read it! I've actually stopped buying any Evanovich books unless my library doesn't have it...and then I still think hard about it!

This one was fun, although you pretty much know what to expect with all of these books now.

Teena in Toronto said...

I love love love the Stephanie Plum series but don't like the inbetween ones :( I stopped buying them and get them from the library.

BookGal said...

Literary, Marg, and Teena - It's interesting that we all like the series but feel the same ambivalence about the between books.

alisonwonderland said...

i just read Fearless Fourteen, but i've not read this one. although i did check it out of the library when it first came out, i guess i am ambivalent enough about the "between-the-numbers" books to have not read it before i had to take it back. i'm sure i'll get back to it at some point though.