Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reading 123 Meme

I've been tagged not once but twice for this one. Thanks to Presbyterian Gal and Gautami Tripathy for getting me to play along.

The rules of this particular meme are:

1). Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2). Open the book to page 123
3). Find the fifth sentence
4). Post the next three sentences
5). Tag five people


The nearest book was The Hours by Michael Cunningham. My Bookmooch pile is next to my computer. So here it goes:

"It is her tribute, her gift. What more can she offer him?

She is on her way back to the kitchen when the intercom buzzes."

Taken out of context that could mean many things. Just so you know, it's a segment of the book where Clarissa is thinking about the dinner party she's giving for Richard. There are many ways you could take those lines if you didn't have the context.

I hate tagging people because I think everyone's already done this one. So instead of a traditional tag, how about a contest? Post a comment linking me to your version of this meme. I'll draw a name at random from the comments, and they'll win my slightly used copy of The Hours. The nice part is if you've already played, all you need to do is leave a comment!

I'll draw the winning name on Friday the 15th. Start sending me those links!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Since I lot to win stuff, here is mine. Warning: It is not for the squeamish! It's from kid lit.

Thanks for the fun contest. And doing the tag!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the the meme. It is fun!

AS I am yet to read The Hours, I might as well be considered for the giveaway! You know I have already done this here. After all, I was one of two to have tagged you!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Fun! Too bad I've already read The Hours. :)

CJ said...

Hey, Bookgal -

If I do this one, will you do the one I was recently tagged to do? It's on non-fiction books. C'mon over and give it a look.

And if I can still toss my hat in, consider it tossed.

cjh